Saturday, April 14, 2007

BREAKING: "Fabolous" J.Lo Gets "Right" With Paula, Makes Simon Smile

We recently received this comment on our post about the Wednesday 11 April American Idol results show from faithful reader -- and dear friend -- "KG":

" I, your faithful reader, was in a position to only see last night's show in video, no audio. (Read, I was out and I was allowed to have the TV on AMerican Idol, but voted down in my effort to have the volume on). I noticed that there seemed to be much banter between Jlo and Simon after her performance, in which he was smiling sheepishly, no, rakishly?, at her and she seemed to be flirting with him. I am so disappointed you skipped over that in your play by play and did not tell me what they were saying to each other. I was counting on you!!! KG. "

Reviewing the recording, I see that there is actually no back-and-forth between J.Lo and Simon, but the back-and-forth between J.Lo and Ryan that resulted in Simon's grin set the celebrimedia bloggosphere on fire Friday.

Here's the dialogue:

Ryan: "What did you think about the uh, the judges' feedback last night?"
J.Lo: "Um...[chuckling]...I thought -- you know, I didn't agree with all of it...But um, you know, I thought they all did a really good job. You know, I really do. I guess I come from the Paula school of criticism. You know what I mean? I really do believe in accentuating the positive and concentrating on the rightness brings more rightness, you know? Sorry, Simon [laughing]! Not that we don't need our Simon! Not that we don't need him."
[cut to the judges]
Ryan: "Just in doses."
[cut to Simon, grinning]

Yeah, and???

Friday's Rush & Molloy column in the New York Daily News contained this, which was quickly picked up by lots of other blogs:

" Is Jennifer Lopez still flirting with Scientology? On Wednesday's "American Idol," Ryan Seacrest asked the singer what she thought of the judges' critiques of the contestants.

" Lopez said that, in contrast to the stinging put-downs of Simon Cowell, she believed that "concentrating on the rightness brings more rightness."

" "Rightness" comes up frequently in the lexicon of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard. Former OT III-level church member Margery Wakefield writes in "The Language of Scientology" that "rightness" was one of his buzzwords. Among Hubbard's manifestoes: "Rightness and Wrongness" and "Recognition of Rightness of the Being."

" Lopez said recently that, while she was raised as a Catholic, her dad, David Lopez, "has been a Scientologist for 20 years. It's weird people want to paint it in a negative way." She and husband Marc Anthony have also been spending more time with Scientology star couple Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. "

Here at DHMBIB, we've never understood the celbrimedia's obsession with whether any particular celebrity is a Scientologist or not, who Tom Cruise is trying to convert next, et cetera. Especially when the questions are about Jennifer Lopez, who normally does not get anywhere close to our radar screens. But, apparently someone really cares about these things. Good for them.

So, faithful reader "KG", this banter was obviously a coded message between the participants about their after-show plans. Apparently, J.Lo and Paula would be engaging in some hot lesbian Scientologist-on-non-Scientologist sex while Simon and Marc Anthony and Jenna Elfman and Tom Cruise watched and jumped up-and-down on the couch, and while Leah Remini and John Travolta attempted to de-gayify Ryan.

You're welcome.

Jennifer Lopez feat. Fabolous - Get Right [mp3, via YSI]
Jennifer Lopez feat. Fabolous - Get Right [mp3, via zShare]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting this on. SOrry my vacation kept me from viewing sooner. Greetings from Warwick! Can't believe I missed Sanjaya getting voted off - finally! It was Simon's grudging approval on Latin night that probably did him in. KG