Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Video Of The Day: Gerard Way Could Totes Pin Hogan...BROOKE Hogan, That Is [13 March 2007 Edition]

I can't do any better than Bob Castrone over at BestWeekEver:

" Yeah, so I got chills watching this mash-up of Hulk Hogan moments and My Chemical Romance’s “The Black Parade”.

" Like, more than once.

" Shut up. "


[video courtesy bestweekever.tv and multiple other sources]

Okay, I guess I can note that the song is actually called "Welcome To The Black Parade" [the album is called simply The Black Parade]. And I guess I can also say that this video is waaay better than any of Brooke Hogan's videos.

[The actual MCR video for "Welcome To The Black Parade" is actually pretty awesome, in a Queen-tastic way. Check it out before the C&D meanies disable this embed...]


1 comment:

Kimberly M., a.k.a. KimberlyKnits said...

O.K., I watched the mash-up.

Twice.

Shut up.

Having met Hogan years and years ago, I'm always struck with how completely shy and quiet he was backstage. It was a complete opposite of his on-stage persona.

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat has a fairly famous story about why he never turned heel in his career: Pat Patterson (road booker for the WWF/WWE, a job Steamboat now has) told him point-blank that "we could dress you in black, give you fangs with blood dripping, hand you a chainsaw and have you cut off Hulk Hogan's arms in the center of the ring, and the fans would still cheer you. Face it, Rick--you're one of the greatest faces ever. Why would you want to mess with that?"